Are you preparing for the 2021 EYFS framework?
From 1 September 2021, it is a legal requirement for schools with Early Years and Foundation Stage (EYFS) children to follow the requirements of the Statutory framework for the early years foundation stage (2021).
The new EYFS framework has a specific reference to RE in the EYFS goal Understanding the World: People, Culture and Communities which states that children should:
“know some similarities and differences between different religious and cultural communities in this country, drawing on their experiences and what has been read in class.”
It is also a legal requirement for children in Reception classes in maintained and church controlled schools to access religious education as laid down in Living Difference III, the RE agreed syllabus in Hampshire, Southampton, Portsmouth and Isle of Wight schools.
1. We have revised our popular RE in the Foundation Stage teaching pack to take into account the 2021 EYFS Framework and offer it for sale at £20 to schools that subscribe to the RE Centre (and £55 to non-subscribing schools). Please order online quoting product code RE021b.
2. Training course: 18 October 2021 RE in the Foundation Stage with the new EYFS framework - book via the Learning Zone
This virtual course is for teachers who would like to know more about the RE locally agreed syllabus and how it can be used in Foundation Stage with the 2021 EYFS framework. Delegates will look at:
- the legal requirements for RE, Living Difference III (and Living Difference IV to be launched in November 2021)
- how these can be used in line with the Early Years approach in your school using the new EYFS framework
- long term and medium term planning for Foundation Stage RE
- best practice ideas for teaching Christian and other religious concepts
- resources for teaching RE.
If you have any questions about this pack, the 2021 EYFS Framework or require advice or support for the teaching of RE in your Reception classes, please email email@example.com.
For more information about our packs, please visit the primary RE publications catalogue.