HIAS Religious Education Moodle
Want to be kept up-to-date?
Click here to subscribe to our RE site news so we can keep you up-to-date with the latest news and training opportunities from the HIAS RE team. Registration just takes a few minutes and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Please note that some of the training below will be delivered virtually:
18.01.23 RE in the Foundation Stage with the new EYFS framework (webinar)
24.01.23 Using Understanding Christianity with Living Difference IV (webinar)
06.02.23 Reviewing SMSC provision in the light of the requirement to promote fundamental British values (webinar)
07.02.23 How to manage RE in KS1 and KS2
22.02.23 Assessment in RE in the primary phase
07.03.23 Collective worship in primary schools (webinar)
receive training in appropriate task–setting in RE, using assessment to improve
learning and make judgements about pupils' work in relation to the newly
revised RE syllabus Living Difference IV guidance on assessment and end of year
This course will
- Ways of assessing RE to improve learning
- Ways to plan RE with assessment in mind
- The Living Difference IV end of year expectations
- How to record and monitor achievements in RE, quickly and usefully
- Securing progression in pupils’ learning.
Search and book on the Learning Zone using keyword search: Assessment ReligiousPrice: Sub £190 / SLA £115 / Full £228
This course will help headteachers, senior leaders and RE leaders in Church of England schools understand the legal requirements for RE and how to embed the Understanding Christianity resource within Living Difference IV so that the legal requirements are met.
This course will cover:
- The law for Religious Education
- Using the Locally Agreed Syllabus Living Difference IV
- The cycle of enquiry
- Using an Understanding Christianity unit with the cycle of enquiry
- Planning an enquiry with the syllabus and a unit from Understanding Christianity
- Assessing RE with the syllabus and an Understanding Christianity unit
Search and book on the Learning Zone using keyword search: Understanding ChristianityPrice: Sub £165 / SLA £125 / Full £198
These sessions are designed to enable RE managers to explore, share and develop good practice in RE in their schools. The sessions will focus on helping other staff to understand the cycle of enquiry, know the range of concepts in the Living Difference IV syllabus, create and amend planning for RE and help understand assessment issues across the school.
Sessions will cover issues according to the needs of the participants, such as:
- Supporting other staff in school
- Developing schemes of work for RE within a developing, integrated curriculum using the golden threads and an understanding of Abrahamic and Dharmic religions
- RE through cross curricular learning
- Developing thinking skills in RE, Assessing RE and RE's contribution to pupils' SMSC development.
10 January 2023 – Aldershot area
11 January 2023 – Basingstoke area
16 January 2023 – Fareham
17 January 2023 – Eastleigh
31 January 2023 – Microsoft Teams twilight session
Search and book on the Learning Zone using keyword search: Spring 22-23 RE
Price: Sub £90 / SLA £75 / Full £108
The theme for 2023 is Ordinary People. Ordinary people were involved in all aspects of the Holocaust, Nazi persecution of other groups, and in the genocides that took place in Cambodia, Rwanda, Bosnia and Darfur. Ordinary people were perpetrators, bystanders, rescuers, witnesses – and ordinary people were victims.
There are lots of freely downloadable resources to help schools here.