HIAS Religious Education Moodle
Want to be kept up-to-date?
Click here to subscribe to our RE site news so we can keep you up-to-date with the latest news and training opportunities from the HIAS RE team. Registration just takes a few minutes and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Please note that some of the training below will be delivered virtually:
07.02.23 How to manage RE in KS1 and KS2
22.02.23 Assessment in RE in the primary phase
07.03.23 Collective worship in primary schools (webinar)
03.05.23 Using Understanding Christianity with Living Difference IV (webinar)
These sessions are designed to enable RE managers to explore, share and develop good practice in RE in their schools. The sessions will focus on helping other staff to understand the cycle of enquiry, know the range of concepts in the Living Difference IV syllabus, create and amend planning for RE and help understand assessment issues across the school.
24 April 2023 13:00–15:30 Aldershot
25 April 2023 13:00–15:30 Kempshott
26 April 2023 13:00–15:30 Portchester
9 May 2023 13:00–15:30 Chandler’s Ford
9 May 2023 16:00–18:00 Microsoft Teams
Search and book on the Learning Zone using keyword search: Summer 22-23 RE
Price: Sub £90 / SLA £75 / Full £108
This course will help Headteachers, Senior Leaders and RE leaders in Church of England schools understand the legal requirements for RE and how to embed the Understanding Christianity resource within Living Difference IV so that the legal requirements are met.
This course will cover:
- The law for RE
- Using the locally agreed syllabus Living Difference IV
- The cycle of enquiry
- Using an Understanding Christianity unit with the cycle of enquiry
- Planning an enquiry with the syllabus and a unit from Understanding Christianity
- Assessing RE with the syllabus and an Understanding Christianity unit
Search and book on the Learning Zone using keyword search: Understanding Christianity
Price: Sub £165 / SLA £125 / Full £198
This course is for those who organise and run collective worship in Primary schools. It will cover the legal requirements, consider what defines an event as collective worship and provide ideas for themes and topics for all schools.
Delegates will look at:
- The legal requirements for collective worship in schools
- The definition of what is worship and how this looks in their own school context
- Writing a policy for collective worship
- Resources for collective worship to help your own school.
Search and book on the Learning Zone by using keyword search: Collective WorshipPrice: Sub £75 / SLA £55 / Full £90
We've put together a comprehensive list of spring festivals/topics, along with a wide variety of RE support available including:
- support for Living Difference IV
- CPD training opportunities, including primary RE network dates
- medium term planning online
- teaching packs to purchase
- artefact boxes to borrow.
Planning your box needs further ahead? See the link to the artefact box catalogue.