HIAS Religious Education Moodle
Want to be kept up-to-date?
Click here to subscribe to our RE site news so we can keep you up-to-date with the latest news and training opportunities from the HIAS RE team. Registration just takes a few minutes and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Please note that some of the training below will be delivered virtually:
25.09.23 Secondary RE: Teaching students at risk of disadvantage (FSM) (webinar)
02.10.23 How to lead with Living Difference IV in a secondary school (webinar)
04.10.23 RE and the new Ofsted framework for 23-24 (webinar)
09.10.23 Reviewing SMSC provision in light of the requirement to promote fundamental British values (webinar)
10.10.23 How to manage RE at KS1 and KS2
19.10.23 Annual cross phase RE conference Booking now open!
02.11.23 Assessment in RE in the primary phase
20.11.23 How to approach teaching controversial issues in secondary RE (webinar)
Delegates will receive training in appropriate task-setting in RE, using assessment to improve learning and making judgements about pupils' work in relation to the newly revised RE syllabus Living Difference IV.
This course will cover:
- Ways of assessing RE to improve learning.
- Ways to plan RE with assessment in mind.
- How to record and monitor achievements in RE, quickly and usefully.
- Securing progression in pupils' learning.
Search and book on the Learning Zone using keyword search: Assessment ReligiousPrice: Sub £190 / SLA £120 / Full £228
- Pack for sale from the RE Centre entitled Managing RE at KS1 and KS2 RE041, current price for subscribers to RE centre is £30.00, rising to £35.00 from 01.01.24, Perfect for a newly appointed RE lead, this pack includes an introduction to Living Difference IV and its conceptual enquiry methodology, the role and responsibilities of the RE lead, advice on writing an RE policy, auditing your school’s RE, help with planning your RE, supporting your colleagues in their teaching and handling withdrawal requests. Use following link for the order form
- Training course entitled How to manage RE at KS1 and KS2 on 10 October 2023, booking via LMS.
- Primary RE networks around the county and virtual - RE Moodle: Don’t forget to book for the Autumn 23-24 Primary RE network (hants.gov.uk)
- Regular e-news direct to your inbox - Course: Keep in touch (hants.gov.uk)
- Online support on RE curriculum site - freely available to Hampshire schools and subscribable for academies and non Hampshire schools –Subscription to HIAS RE website (office.com) . Advice on accessing HIAS RE curriculum website can be found here.
- Looking for MTPs? Follow link to Where can I find planning document.
This course is specifically designed for teachers new to the role of RE leadership in Hampshire. It will provide comprehensive guidance to enable participants to develop RE effectively in relation to the new curriculum.
Taking into account the new Locally Agreed Syllabus, Living Difference IV, this course will cover:
- The legal requirements of RE.
- Using Living Difference IV effectively.
- The role and responsibilities of the RE subject leader.
- The place of development planning within the secondary curriculum.
- Effective planning in relation to whole-school curriculum development.
- Accessing and organising resources.
- Supporting colleagues in the teaching of RE.
Search and book on the Learning Zone using keyword search: Living Difference IV
Price: Sub £105 / SLA £80 / Full £126
Working with the latest edition of the Ofsted handbook and the May 2021 Research Review in RE, this course will deepen understanding of the requirements for RE in the most recent Ofsted Handbook and Framework.
This course will cover:
- The most recent Ofsted requirements for RE and what good practice looks like in relation to a range of issues that must be explored in school.
- Consideration of what intent, implementation and impact will look like in RE
- The requirements to consider cultural capital and what this can look like in RE
- Evaluating your school’s aims, plans and children’s progress in RE
- Auditing existing resources and provision to formulate an action plan going forward
Delegates should take RE work, planning and RE policy from their school with them for use as part of the course.
Search and book on the Learning Zone using keyword search: New Ofsted Framework
Price: Sub £110 / SLA £85 / Full £132